I Sit Here in the Dirt

 


I sit here in the dirt 

Death and life surround me

The endless cycle

Birth to life to death to dirt

To life again


I sit here in the clay

My hands can touch

The life that has come before 

Seed to tree to log to worm

Turning death to dirt to life once more


I sit here and I try 

To peer beyond the veil

Of Death, pale and flowing 

It Haunts my mind 

Comes to me at night 

Visits me in the sun 

Where can I go? 

Where could I run? 


I sit here on the ground

And ponder the whole of being

The living things surround 

Me in my thoughts 

We are here together

We are all one 

And yet, unique 

Like cells inside the body of God 

We live, and breathe, and move this sod 


We are here 

We are everywhere

We sit, we stand, we run, we play 

We dance, we die, we decompose 

Our final moments written 

In poignant prose 

Upon the parchment of time 

We write life, we read divine 


I sit here in the dirt 

And I am found. 


Copyright 2021. Richard Best. 


Death & the Cycle of Life (YouTube)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Strategies for Driving Supply Chain Sustainability

Navigating the "Maize": Simplifying the Modern Supermarket

Longing for Simplicity